Latest news
Gaming Conversation
by Anonymous
25.5.08
Matt says:
Hey guys, I'd like to welcome our special guest, Amit. He's an avid gamer who knows his stuff.

A.L says:
Hi, glad to be here.

Matt says:
No problem. Let’s start with Haze. Are you going to be picking it up?

A.L says:
Originally I was planning to buy it, but after playing the demo and reading reviews I am not overly impressed. In my opinion from the demo, Haze is just an ordinary shooter with nothing special, however IGN's 4.5 review score was particularly harsh as the demo wasn't that bad.


Matt says:
I think one thing that can be said about Haze is that, undoubtedly, it is a victim of circumstance. If we saw this game come out before Call of Duty 4 then this would have gotten higher scores. But I agree, it didn't look great on the demo.

A.L says:
Also being a PS3 exclusive didn't help, as soon as a game is named as an exclusive the hype train begins and a lot of games fail to deliver Haze, Lair and Heavenly Sword to name a few.


Matt says:
For sure. Let’s leave Haze there. I’m going in to town in half an hour to pick up a PS3 classic I missed out on… Stuntman: Ignition (Joke). Did you play it?

A.L says:
I played the demo, wasn't too bad but it didn't interest me too much. Never been much of a fan of the Stuntman series.


Matt says:
Well, to be honest, I haven't played any before, but the demo seemed fun. I like the kind of game where you have to be perfect to win. What about you?

A.L says:
They actually get on my nerves, I hate re-doing sequences/levels over and over again I find it really repetitive and tedious.


Matt says:
Well that’s the thing you see. In some games I hate it, such as GTA, but for others I relish the challenge. Anyway, what is your most anticipated game of 08?

A.L says:
Good question, it’s actually FIFA 09 since GTA is already out. A pretty unusual choice I know, but I love football games and FIFA 09 is set to be brilliant with rumours flying around of 10vs10 online and an updated match engine, it looks set to blow Pro Evo 09 (unfortunately) out of the water.


Matt says:
I wouldn't count Pro Evo 2009 out yet. I think it will kick FIFA's ass this year. But for me, my game of the year has got to be either LittleBigPlanet or Fallout 3. LBP because of its creative prospects for users on the game and Fallout 3 because it sounds like a nice fresh idea; going from cradle to grave in a game is compelling to me for some reason.

A.L says:
I like the idea of LBP for sure, but I will reserve judgement till I play it and see how it is in action. Also Resistance 2 is shaping up to GOTY contender for the PS3. 60 players in 1 online match is going to be intense. Looks like its shaping out to be a good year for the PS3.


Matt says:
For sure. But that’s not to say it’s not looking good for other platforms. Fable 2 looks amazing. You can have a dog. Need I say anymore?

A.L says:
Haha. One 360 game I’m looking forward to is Gears of War 2. The trailer really got my hyped for the game as I completed the 1st one on the PC on a mate via co-op. I really wanted to play Bioshock and it looks like Microsoft has lost that exclusive too, as its coming on the PS3.


Matt says:
I can't wait. Bioshock nearly pushed me to getting a 360. I didn’t get one. It’s not that I don't like 360, but I can't afford two consoles and have always been impressed with the Sony brand. I have to go now, but thanks so much for your time.

A.L says:
Was glad to be here, bye!

Labels: ,

- Anonymous

Discuss this article in our friendly forums

Sign up to our community today and discuss our articles, debate over upcoming games and organise matches and playsessions with like-minded people just like you.

Liked this? Spread the word - share with your friends!

Done? You might also enjoy these!

Comments
All comments are subject to our commenting policy

GGTL Classics
Some of the very best articles dug out from deep in the GGTL archives, written by some of our past and present wordsmiths alike.
Your continued use of this website and/or any others owned by Gamer's Guide to Life.com represents your acceptance and indicates your full understanding of all of our legal policies and terms. Our legal policies and terms are legally binding. If you in any way disagree with or refuse to be bound by any part of said legal policies and terms, you are advised to leave this website immediately.